Friday, August 21, 2009

Why do what you do?

Interesting.... our new youth pastor asked us to go around the table and explain why we work with the youth group. Most of us have felt called by God to be there. The funny thing is, God called us all in very different ways. He works like that a lot of the time. I think the point is to come when He calls. It's never easy, but it's always worth it.

I was "called" when my children wanted to go to winter church camp. We did not have the money, but I had heard there were "scholarships" available. So I went up to Pastor Tim and asked him about it and then told him I would do all the fundraising for the mission trip. Silly girl, fundraising is for people who have time. I did not. That being said, between the cookie dough fundraiser, the silent auction/spaghetti dinner, the car washes and the mission letters going out, we raised all we needed to raise.

Somewhere in the middle of all that chaos, I fell in love with these kids. So when PT asked me if I would be interested in being a leader at our summer church camp, Velocity, I said yes. Then I fell in love even more. These kids' hearts are on fire for God it is amazing to watch. How could I NOT be a part of it.

So where is God calling you today? Share the love.

God bless you and yours.

No comments: