Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hey, I cooked for something.....

So yesterday, due to vacations, Tyler's bible study group was at our house. Since many families are on vacation, about ten kids showed up, mostly my chicas. That would be chicas por Jesus from Velocity. Fun times. Then, Pastor Tim took Tyler and two of the gals to the mall. I said I would make tacos for dinner and they all came back and ate them. Then the hubby got home with his brother Keith and Grant had Elijah sleeping over, so it was worth it to cook.

Tacos are easy and healthy. Lean ground beef, cook it up and add the seasoning. Chop up some lettuce and tomatoes. Sour cream and I found the bonus, guacamole in my freezer. Soft tortillas, we are a soft taco family. Queso dip and chips. Shredded cheese. I normally make home made salsa, but I did not have the stuff on hands, a great alternative is Chuck and Dave's fresh stuff. You can get a really big one at Sam's club. Then it is just pile on what you like. You can even make nachos if you like. Really, it's a twenty minute meal.

Oh, I did make Redonna cheese crisps or quesadillas. See, I used to just throw some shredded cheese on a tortilla and stick it in the microwave. That was until my small children went to my friends house. She puts butter on two tortillas, cheese in the middle and fries it in a pan like a grilled cheese sandwich. Crispy yumminess and you cannot go back to limp, hotness from the microwave. Then I cut them up with a pizza cutter and wahlah, Redonna cheese crisp.

So, tacos for a crowd went well. I love a full kitchen, especially full of teenagers. Love it. Oh, we had ice cream for dessert. PT had two kinds, it is his weakness after all.

I hope your kitchen gets filled to the rim soon.

God bless you and yours.

1 comment:

Baby Z's Mom said...

I love cooking for a crowd, but only after the meal do I realize that. I get a little crazy making sure everything is good and tastey, don't relax untill everyone is eating and it's quite.