Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Summer Reading Suggestion.

Okay, first, sorry for no blog yesterday. I had to get up at midnight to go get the boys from their Cedar Point trip and then I had to open Starbucks. I could barely see straight, let alone blog about anything that was worth reading. Missed you guys too.

Second, you have read Stealing Home by Allison Pittman. Even if you don't read historical romance. Even if you don't read Christian historical romance. Her blend of characters, brutally honesty in writing and the story are worth picking this book up. I have to be honest and tell you I only picked it up because I met Allison at the Glorietta Christian Writers Seminar and we have become friends. We should all support our friends. I am not a big reader of Christian fiction. That being said, I loved this book. Could not put it down and it caused many a late night before I finished it. Great read. Perfect for a quiet afternoon on the beach or poolside.

I love finding a new author that I like. Knowing her personally only makes it better. She works very hard on her craft, something that I know is not easy to do. I have also read her book, Saturdays with Stella, which is non-fiction. Also, a great read, especially if you are wrestling to find your place in God's family.

So, I encourage you to go out and get Stealing Home, you will enjoy it. What are you reading around the pool this summer?

God bless you and yours.

No comments: