Monday, August 10, 2009

Let the groaning begin....

In an effort to get my children ready for school, we have started cutting back on their curfews and bedtimes. Also, the time they get up in the morning. After many years of trying to wake children up on the first four weeks of school, starting this procedure a couple of weeks early seems to work out. They hate it. They push it. They try to stay up late with lame excuses. I don't fall for it. These kids have to get up early now so they can get up early then. The end.

Of course, this means no sleeping in for me either. That five in the morning alarm is going to start going off again. Why did I ever stop getting up at five? It is hard to get up at five and keep going. Especially since I gave up caffeine and I cannot have my coffee. Coffee good, stomach bad. Oh well.

What routines do you start doing before school? Do you let your kids sleep in to the bitter end? Or do you try to get them into school mode a little early? Let me know.

God bless you and yours.

No comments: