Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blessed with Teenagers

So, for whatever reason, this week, I am the kool-aid house. Last night was movie night at our house for a lot of kids that are friends of Tyler's and happen to be in our youth group. For whatever reason, they don't like scary movies, but it is a tradition to watch scary movies. Karley brought her own blanket to hide under.

The only thing I asked was that they pick up a little. To my shock and amazement, they did! Cameron and Rico slept over. Rico is not his real name, but there are two Erics in youth group, so Rico is Rico. As in "It's boom boom time Rico".

As of August 15, in preparation for school, there will be no more sleep overs. Sorry to be such a drag, but there you go. I know they did not go to bed before three in the morning. And I hate crabby kids.

I know I have said it before, but I love having all these kids around. It probably helps that I got to know most of them at Velocity and know their hearts are on God. I did start to watch the movie, 1408 with John Cusack. I am a huge John Cusack fan. But just when it got really creepy, I went the heck to bed. No creepiness for me. I like my sleep too much.

So who is hanging out at your house this summer? Share the love.

God bless you and yours.

No comments: