Friday, July 31, 2009

Making homemade laundry soap.....

Okay, my friend Bonnie, on her facebook, but this link on how to make homemade laundry soap. Two dollars for ten gallons. I am going to give it a try. It takes about a half an hour and has to sit overnight, but at that kind of savings, I am willing to try it. The link for the recipe is http://www.duggarfamily.com/recipes.html. I hope this helps anyone with the time and inclination to save some money. Bonnie also swears by their second fabric softener trick, so I am trying that too.

What are you doing to save money? What are you willing to try? I am trying this, Bonnie has been using it for the last couple of months, so why not? I would love for all of us to share our money saving tips here in the comments section. And if you try the laundry soap, let me know about it.

In today's economy, we have to buckle down. Five years ago, if you told me I would be making laundry soap, I would have said you are out of your cotton picking mind. Now, I am willing to try it to save at least twenty dollars a month on the stuff. We get our movies from the library, no renting for us. Why rent when you get them for free? You do have to wait for new releases, but there are so many great old ones, who cares? We also do our book shopping at the library. We eat the meat that is on special, the fruit that is on special and if we have a coupon, all the better. Teaching our children the value of a dollar is only helping them later in life.

So, share the love and pass the coupons.

God bless you and yours.

No comments: