Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Driver's Permit

Today is the day. My baby, my Tyty, my T-bone, gets his permit. If I can clearly, in my head, see his first steps, then how did we get to here?? I have to hurry in this blog, so we can go and he can drive home. Oh my gosh, I may vomit. When does this whole parenting thing get easier? Oh yeah, I remember, never.

So, I don't have to add him to our insurance for his permit, but when he gets his license, my insurance will probably double. Yikes. He is going to have to get a job. At least in the summer and weekends in the school year. I did, I was snack bar girl at Roller World. Not a great job, but, hey, it paid the bills.

I guess I am okay with Tyler driving. He did take driver's training and has driven 20 hours there with an instructor. The instructor had a set of brakes on his side of the car though, and I do not. I may just shut my eyes and hope for the best. He is a good kid, doesn't panic, should be all right.

If by any chance, you hear some story on the news tonight about a mom in Michigan, who panicked and took the wheel from her newly permitted son and caused a twenty car pile-up, film at eleven, please just ignore the fact that it is me. Pray for me.

Off into the abyss.

God bless you and yours.

2 comments:

Baby Z's Mom said...

You will both be fine. Driving teens have like a gagillion guardian angles, so not to worry.

Dawn Cartwright said...

Congrats to Ty! First rite of passage.Make Scott teach him to parallel park!