Wednesday, September 2, 2009

You can take the kid out of the fight......

But you cannot take the fight out of the kid. I told my children that bed was at 9:30 last night. Getting ready for school on tuesday. Grant fought me tooth and nail. Man, that kid has tenacity. But MoooooooooooOOOOOOOm, I won't be able to sleep. Mom, no, listen, Mom, Mom, Mom. Gosh, you never listen to me. MOM, it's not fair. I am older than Tatum and she is still up. Mom, what about Tyler? Mom, how come? Mom, just listen to me for a minute, MOm. Geez, no one else is going to bed this early.

The only thing that worked was telling him if he did not get in his room and stay there, he was grounded until school. Please note, you do not see Cooper in that conversation. That is because, creature of habit that he is, he was already in bed. He goes up, brushes his teeth, goes to the bathroom, asks for prayers and goes to bed at 9:00 every night. Sometimes earlier if he is tired. All summer he has done this. I know my day with him is probably coming, but since he likes schedules, maybe not.....

Do you have one certain child who will fight with you about something until the end of the earth? Share the love.

God bless you and yours.

1 comment:

Baby Z's Mom said...

Yes, Miss G will stall as long as she can and she's only 3! The coming years are going to be interesting.