Friday, September 4, 2009

The Last Hurrah....

Ah, Labor day weekend. To those of you whose children have already started school, you are thinking, big deal, to those of us in Michigan, we are gearing up for the last fun time of summer. Temperatures are already cooling off and some of the leaves on the very tops of the trees are beginning to turn color.

So as people hurry off to get "up north" and get all the food necessary for a proper barbecue, I shall sit on my deck and relax. Of course I am working two of the three days, so goes the chaos of retail, but I will still get my barbecue on.

My main goal this weekend is to get the kids ready for school on Tuesday. Yeah, they are going back. All the moms shall sigh a sigh of relief and go out to breakfast and smile and the silence in their homes. It's the most wonderful time of the year. I love back to school, love it, love it, love it. I just wish my chicas from AZ were here so we could go and have some coffee. Yeah me! Miss my gal pals there.

What do you do on Labor Day weekend? Share the love and the recipes.

God bless you and yours.

No comments: