Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A bee sting gone wrong....

So I get home from working last night at five thirtyish and my niece is here to do my hair (went a little blonder) and I am told to look at my 15 year old son's hand. He had gotten stung by something on Sunday. By five o'clock his had was hot and red and swollen. Believe it or not, I had to take him kicking and screaming to our night owl clinic at the doctor's office. I had to threaten him with missing youth group and band practice.

We arrive at the night owl clinic at six o'clock, we got called back at 7:45. Every five minutes, Tyler asks me to leave, I absolutely refuse to leave until a doctor looks at his hand. Finally, the doctor comes in and take a look, not happy. Puts him on antibiotics because it looks like cellulitis (sp?) and tells us to keep an antihistemine on board. Oh yeah, if streaks start going up his arm, emergency room. A little more red today is normal, but streaks up the arm, ER.

All this from some kind of sting/bite from some sort of flying insect who remains anonymous. What the heck? Bee stings are supposed to hurt and you put some baking soda paste on them and they go the heck away. Not red streaks up arms and emergency rooms. I did not like the look of the hand this morning, but the doc says a little worse this morning is normal. I am very worried about what it will look like when he gets home from school today.

So anything weird happen to your kids from a bug bite? Share the swelling.........

God bless you and yours.

No comments: