Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Okay, I gave in to coffee

So, I was off caffeine completely for nine months. It took five horrible days filled with headaches to get off the stuff. Just proof that my body was addicted, right? Well, I had just sort of slipped in August, one cup on Saturday, that was it. Then school started. How in the heck am I supposed to wake up every day at 5:30 in the morning with no caffeine? So I have allowed myself one cup a day of coffee. Okay, it's a big cup, but still, I need some caffeine.

So, I love it. I have missed it. I need it. I work at Starbucks for cripes sake, now do you feel my pain of giving it up? One beautiful cup of java in the morning with two sweet-n-lows and some cream. Yep, cream, not milk, not skim milk, not creamer, but real, honest to goodness cream. That is my indulgence. Real cream in my coffee. I don't know if that is a midwest thing, but people here put half-n-half in the coffee. We stopped putting out whole milk and non-fat at work and we really only have about three people a week ask for it. Everyone else puts in cream. It is an indulgence, but since I am watching everything else, cream in my coffee is worth it.

So, I have officially fallen off the wagon of caffeine. There are worse things I could be addicted to. Okay, I love chocolate too, so kill me. Life is good with a great cup of coffee (I grind my beans every morning) and a nice piece of chocolate. Yum.

What do you indulge in? Or are you sticking to your guns and being good? Either way, good for you.

God bless you and yours.

3 comments:

Baby Z's Mom said...

Yep, real cream in my coffee too. When I hit Starbuck for my carmel macchiatto, I get the full fat version with WHIP CREAM on top too!! Hey, I don't drink them everyday, so it works for me. In fact, my theory for world peace involves that excact drink for everyone, just one, every morning and we would all be at peace and happy in the world.

Kay Klebba said...

It's true man, it's true

Christmas with CWG said...

Diet Coke. From a Coke machine in a can. Or ice-cold from the fridge in a can. Or from Sonic with the lacy ice. Diet Coke. Diet Coke. Diet Coke.