Friday, September 18, 2009

So, every now and again

So, from time to time, I turn on MTV to see what's on. What happened to all the videos? And why does every rap video have high priced cars and higher priced women? And where is rock and roll? Do they even show videos anymore? I am trying to catch up on what my kids are into and there are no videos, just reality shows. And the reality shows are pretty staged, don't you think.

On facebook, a friend of mine posted the video that started it all, Video killed the Radio star. This for me, brought back nostalgia from high school, my first concert and all that. Do you have any 80's memories that stand out?

Big hair? Parachute pants? The horror when Eddie Van Halen started playing the keyboards? The final acceptance of the same. The Go'Gos and Thriller? Hair bands, the good ones and the not so good ones who had one great song. What hits it for you? I actually found a picture of me in my Catholic School uniform............tragic.

Are you an 80's chick? Share the love.

God bless you and yours.

1 comment:

Baby Z's Mom said...

Who knew that posting that video would have sparked such a response? Guess we all just miss good music/good times. MTV plays videos, however they are in another tier on cable/satelite and one must pay for them I guess. Doesn't matter, once MTV started getting popluar, it started going down hill. Miss the early days when all the music was from the UK because American bands didn't really have videos. What an influence on my musical taste. So, long story short, guess you can call me an 80's girl!