Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oops, First day of school blocked my blog

So as I got four children off to three different schools yesterday, I also had to get myself ready for work at 7:30. That's right, mom of the year here forgot to take the first day of school off. I did not go with my youngest to the bus stop. Bad mommy, bad, bad mommy. Although, they are in the fifth and sixth grades respectively, so I don't feel too bad. My middle schooler wanted to take a shower in the morning, even though he had taken one the night before. We had to adjust his way of thinking, because I am not washing that many towels every darn day.

As my high schooler walked down the driveway, I stood in the doorway and asked if he was okay. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Uh, yeah......." I could not help it, it was his first day of high school. Big bad high school. He was absolutely fine.

It brought back the memory of his first day of kindergarten. He went to a small private preschool/kindergarten. The classroom was too small for the parents to go inside, so as they lined up our little ones, and marched them into class, we moms and dad just stood outside and waved and smiled. Then they closed the door. For many of us standing there, this was our first child going to school all day for the first time. The door closed and we all looked at each other and started to bawl. No sissy crying, true bawling our eyes out. Our babies were in school. So many of us had our younger ones in strollers, I personally had Grant and the twins in a triple stroller. After a couple of minutes and many hugs, we dispersed to run our errands or whatever. Our babies in kindergarten, sigh........

Now my "baby" is in high school, has his driving permit, and plays guitar. Where did it all go? Don't blink, next time I open my eyes he will be walking down the aisle.

How was your first day? Share the love.

God bless you and yours.

No comments: