Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Two Places at Once

As a mother of very active children who are in various activities, I have had to master the art of being in two places at once.  This usually involves my mother-in-law or my husband being "me" for an activity.  Today, I have lost my substitute moms and must go forth and multiply myself to make it to all the stuff we have to do today.  Yikes.

Sometimes we must choose what is most important at the risk of alienating a child.  Tonight, Grant has a baseball game at 6:30, it is one of many, most of which I have attended in some fashion.  Tyler has his honors ceremony.  It is the only one he will have for his freshman year, so which do I go to?  This was not a hard decision, but I still am freaking out that I will just drop Grant off with his coaches and then race to Eppler Jr. High and then race back to pick him up.  

We cannot forget the Youth Group's fundraiser at Salsarita's tonight, before the chaos or the fact that there is a dress rehearsal for the talent show and Tatum, her little friend Sara and Cooper have to be picked up at Magahay at 4:30.  Should be an interesting afternoon.  Poor Cooper, so out of his comfort zone, but it's okay, we only have one baseball game this week and this is the one day we are running like crazy.  Oh yeah, I have to work too, but that is before the chaos. 

I imagine falling into bed sometime around midnight.  Oh well, such is life.  Does anyone remember the movie Mulitplicity with Michael Keaton?  He created these clones of himself to do what he could not, kind of funny.  They each took on different parts of his personality, none were perfect, but it worked for awhile.  I especially liked the dopey one.  That is the one of me I would send to the PTA meetings.  Huh??????

So as I run off in a cloud of dust, I hope you have a blessed day.

God bless you and yours and all your running around today.

No comments: