Monday, June 15, 2009

In the still of the morning

Okay, for a monday I am doing well.  For an every day, not so hot.  I did not get up at 5:00 a.m. to walk with my hubby.  The alarm did go off, but due to cramps beyond human comprehension, I crawled back into bed.  When he left for work around 6:15, I thought I would just lay down for a few more minutes before I began my morning routine of getting out my bible and talking to God.  Imagine my surprise when I looked up and it was 7:45!  Whoops.  

But as I sit in my kitchen, quietly tapping on my keys, the house is so quiet and peaceful.  Cooper, my little routine man, is downstairs playing a game and the rest of the house is silent.  Grandma is sleeping on the couch, Aunt Sandy, who is visiting, is in her room with her daughter, sleeping.  All my other rugrats are sleeping.  Blissful quiet.  

We had a very busy weekend with family, ending yesterday with a pool party at Aunt Kim's.  My kids never left the pool.  The need to sleep it off.  We did stay up until 9:30 to watch Twilight.  Tatum received it with the book for her birthday.  Good movie, I can see what all the hype is about.  More about romance and love that the typical sex motivated teenage movie.  Yeah, I know, he's a vampire and all that, but it is still a sweet love story.  The boys hated it.  I think they hate it because every girl breathing loves it.  Hilarious.

I think, I shall do some laundry, take a cup of tea out to the deck and enjoy my morning before I have to go to work.  What do you do on your silent mornings?  Share the love.

God bless  you and yours.

No comments: