Monday, April 13, 2009

The Sugar Crash

So, this week the kids are all on spring break.  I am working, Scott is working and we are not going on vacation anywhere.  Most people in the Mid-west go to Florida for spring break.  This year, due to many financial difficulties, most people are staying home.  I say embrace this.  Staying home is not my issue.  I dig it, go out and play with your friends, it's what we used to do.  My problem is after yesterday's activities of sugar, sugar, and more sugar, they all want to kill each other.

I am not talking about your run of the mill killing, this is sugar crash killing.  There is throwing stuff, there is fighting over the television.  There is grounding to be dealt with.  Let us not forget that Grant was suspended last week, he is grounded, period.  That is not fair to him, everyone else gets to go outside.  He is lucky to be alive and just does not realize it.  I just sent him upstairs to do his bible study.  He wanted coffee with creamer in it.  The second ingredient is sugar, he is off sugar until he graduates high school.  That is so unfair.  How come?  Why not?  It's just coffee?  Off with his head.

I am blessed to be going off to work shortly, leaving my poor mother-in-law to deal with the kids.  I have every confidence in the world that she can handle it, she is amazing and raised six kids of her own.  I think she has this one.  

The good part is, their Easter Candy is just about gone.  We let them free for all on Sunday and crash on Monday.  They are eating good things.  Bagels, pretzels and peanut butter, wholesome goodness to kill the sugar in their bodies.  Yeah!  I don't have to cook for at least three days with all the leftovers we have.  I will make ham and bean soup with the ham bone later in the week.  Yummo.

So, how is the crash at your house?  Jelly beans rolling under the couch to be found by the dog in six months?  Wrappers strewn about?  Share the love and the rush.

God bless you and yours.

2 comments:

Baby Z's Mom said...

We found out Thursday evening that the mini Russell Stover bunnies are evil! My sweet daughter ate one, ONE, after a healthy dinner & became possessed. It was one big time out until bed. I am still in awe of the power a 3 ft tall child can exude. Normally, she is fine with a little sugar, we do watch how much she gets and we make sure to keep her active to help burn it off, but that bunny......pure insanity. So, being the great mother I am, will just have to eat the rest to save the family from the demon she can become.

Kay Klebba said...

Way to sacrifice yourself, I am proud of you.