Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back to School for the Delinquent

Grant is off to school today with apology letters in hand.  In addition to the lunch lady, he also had to write a letter to his principal for wasting his time in his office.  I try to hold my children accountable for their actions.  

Yesterday, in his room all day, he had to clean under his bed and make his room sparkle.  A huge trash bags of junk and stuff went bye-bye.  Amazing.  He also had to do his bible study and read his bible and he could not play his little portable gaming thing, which, for the life of me, I cannot remember the name of.  That's okay, it will come to me at 2:00a.m. and I will call all of you with the name.  Oh yeah, Nintendo DS.  He cannot have it and cannot play it while on punishment.  This is not happy hour.  He feels he is being tortured.  I say, Good.  I hope he hates it and never wants to do something wrong again.  I know he will mess up again, we all mess up, but I hope it something minor, not like this. 

I am glad he is going back to school.  That being said, I hope he is a decent human being today out there in the world.  Another call from a principal might put me in the looney bin.  Seriously, I don't think I can take it.  I am standing on the edge of mommy hood craziness.  Weeks like this make me nutso.  I have to come away from the edge, but then someone else in my home will act up and my head will explode.

So, when you hear about this on the news, don't be surprised.  "Mom's head explodes from children's antic, more at eleven".  That would be me.

How is your head sitting today?  Teetering, or sitting very firmly?  Let me know.

God bless you and yours.

No comments: