Monday, April 20, 2009

Back to School after spring break

The groaning has begun.  They are all in bed trying desperately to wake up and face the day.  Back to school after a week of sleeping in and goofing off.  They cannot pry open their little eyes.  They cannot swing out of bed.  They are trying to see if they feel a little too sick to go to school.  Poor sweet babies.  Get out of bed and go to school, now, I need the house back.

They need to get the heck out so I can get moving on getting the house back in shape.  I have had skateboarders and kids and girls and everyone in between in the house for the past week.  Stinky boys, whining girls and the dogs have just about had it.  Don't get me wrong, I love my kid's friends, embrace them, feed them, all that.  I just want the house to be not so stinky or loud for a couple of days.  I need a little peace.

School is back in session and my kids have to deal with it for about six or seven more weeks.  Hazzah!  Yeah!  I like it when they are home, but I love it when they are in school and I can get some work done around here.  I know I will find the missing remote, wrappers and possibly a small child in the sofa.  I will find papers and junk and stuff all up in their rooms.  I will find the missing sock (unless of course the dryer has eaten it), the missing "cup" for baseball, the missing whatever, because the house will again belong to me.  I love it.  

I love my children, especially when I get a break from them.  I helps me to appreciate the wonderfulness of who they are.  A little distance never hurt anyone, ever.

Are your kids back to school?  Are they even in school yet, you will understand all this later if you still have little babies at home.  Trust me, the first time you get to go to the store by yourself is almost a religious experience.

God bless you and yours. 

No comments: