Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Little Babies and Your Personal Hygiene

Okay gals, if you have a newborn at home, your personal hygiene is about to take a drastic turn for the worse.  You are already crazed and doubting every move you make.  Showers are about to become optional.  I mean, if you are in the shower, who will watch the baby?  What if he hiccups?  I solved this dilemma by dragging the swing into our bathroom and sticking it right in front of the shower.  I am sure I have scarred my children for life.

Even with that, I was only showering a couple of times a week.  I mean, I could shower, wash my hair, put on deodorant and  a clean outfit and still get puked on?  Why?  What's the point?  You start to wonder if it really matters.  Some days yes, some days no.

I will say this, you will feel better if you:
  1. Get off the couch.
  2. Take a shower.
  3. Shave your legs (the European look can only fly for so long)
  4. Put on some nice scented lotion (something that blends with spit up)
  5. Maybe a little make-up, but only if you will remember to wash it off later.
Even if you have to change your clothes in five minutes due to a timely explosion of some sort, you will start to feel human again.  You don't want to scare the neighbors if they come over the see the new baby.  You don't want to look like bigfoot in the shedding stages (I have seen this reflection in my mirror, not pretty).  

Take a little time for yourself, read your bible if you can, and feel a little more human.  It will definitely boost your morale.

God Bless you and keep you and yours.  

Kay

2 comments:

Diane Markins said...

As the (YOUNG!) mother of two grown kids I am amazed at how fresh those memories of exhaustion, constant demand for attention and total lack of personal time...(anything like a facial or manicure were as likely as winning the lottery) are.
Yet (especially as I watch old family videos) I remember how precious those days were and how absolutely significant my job was. There will never be an assignment or position in this life that will be more important, go by faster or net more gain. DO take time to relax and BATHE but also try to truly live in, and enjoy the moments!

Anonymous said...

As much as I wanted those days to pass (so I could sleep)- they go MUCH too fast. Life is a blur and then they will be gone - treasure the spit up and sour milk smell in the crevices of their wrinkly skin!