Monday, November 17, 2008

Let is Snow, let it snow, let it snow

It snowed yesterday in Michigan, big fat flakes that are meant to be caught on your tongue.  The children were thrilled.  Especially my little guy Cooper.  I don't think I have shared that one of my twins, Cooper, has Aspberger's Syndrome.  That is a form of autism.  He is amazing.  We have done so much with him with his diet and with supplements that he is really coming out of his shell.

So my school day starts with trying to get him to swallow a pill that nine times out of ten, he kind of barfs back up.  I give him a kiss for luck to get it down.  He also has to take calcium and a multivitamin because he will only eat about ten to fifteen things, none of which are veggies.  Then, my kids have to walk our dogs so they can do their business.  Before you yell, they have to pick it up and put it in the garbage.

Imagine what this means to Cooper, he smells things way more than other people.  He hates to walk the dogs, hates it.  We even give him the smallest dog so he only has to pick up the smallest amount of poo.  

This morning I give the call out to walk the dogs and wonderful words come out of Cooper's mouth.  "Walk the dogs!!  Whoopee!!!"  I must have given him a look, because then he said, "What?  I love snow."  He really does.  We used to live in Arizona for the first eight years of his life, so snow is a wonderful awesomeness to him.  He asked me if I saw all the beautiful, beautiful snow.  

I guess my point is to look at the small things in your life and find the blessing.  There is only a dusting of snow on the ground, and Cooper's world is complete.  I encourage you as you look around your world today to find a small blessing.

There is some small little overlooked thing that might just make your day, revolving around your world today.  Take a moment, sit still, and find it.  

What did you find?  I need to know.

God bless you and yours.

No comments: