Friday, February 27, 2009

My one day

So, monday through friday I get up at 5;00a.m.  As ridiculous as this sounds, I get up, get on the treadmill, read my bible, get the kids ready, get myself ready and go about my day.  On Sunday, I get up, Tyler needs to be at church at 8:00a.m., we do big breakfast and we all go to church.  This leaves me one day.  One day to sleep in.  One day to not rush around like a crazy person.  One day.  Saturday.  Saturday is sacred.  It's not like I sleep until noon, I am usually up by 8:00 or 8:30, but it's more about the freedom.

I don't have to make lunches.  I don't have to drive someone early to school.  I don't have to go to work and make coffee for the masses.  I can watch some silly movie on Lifetime or sit in my pajamas until noon.  Although, I do sometimes drive Tyler to church in my robe and slippers.  Who is really up at 8:00a.m. on a Sunday morning?  And who are they to judge me on the Sabbath day?  If it has snowed over four inches, and there is a possibility that I may get stuck, I get dressed.  No one wants to see some lady in her P.J.s pushing her minivan out of a snow drift.  Tragic.

Saturdays make me happy.  For no reason at all except that there is no rhyme or reason to them.  It is a relaxing day.  A possible no shower day, although I usually give in by 4:00, just to be clean.  I hate the greasy hair thing.  It's why I don't camp.  Greasy hair.  Yucko.  

Which day of the week is your day?  If you don't have a day, I say claim one.  If you have really small babies, this is going to be impossible, but know that your day is coming.  I promise you will some day have your day.  I never thought I would either, but it is a possibility.  Saturdays for nothing do exist and they are worth it.  Take a pajama day, it's totally worth it.

What is your indulgence?  Sleeping in?  Staying in?  Movie marathon?  What is it, tell me, I would love to know.

God bless you and yours.

1 comment:

Christmas with CWG said...

I am totally a Saturday girl, too. Nothing's better than sleeping until you wake up naturally...but my Saturday morning indulgence is the cartoon "Jane and the Dragon." Don't know why, but I just love that...