Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mommy Tired

There is pregnancy tired.  There is hungover tired (although I would hope by this time, we have reduced that to maybe once a year or never).  Then there is mommy tired.  It comes in many varieties.  

The colicky child tired.  The cutting new teeth tired.  The sick kid puking tired.  That one involves doing laundry in the middle of the night, so it deserves a gold medal all to itself.  There is the worry tired.  That one could involve money, teenagers, any and all things.  

So I have been up since 2:30, I have to go to work in an hour and make coffee for the people.  I then have to go with my mother-in-law to her lawyers to hear her final decree of divorce.  Should be an exciting day.  It's a day I needed sleep for, but sleep was elusive.  All this as I gave up caffeine six weeks ago.  I may cave today.

I truly believe that worry is the devil's way to weaken us.  If we are tired we are more likely to give in to chaos.  Satan likes us in chaos.  God gives us peace.  We have to remember that simple equation.  God=peace.  Satan=chaos.  Simple, but we are slow learners.

So, mommy tired is on today.  The funny thing about us being tired is, as a mother, we just keep going.  We cannot call in sick.  We can't pull the covers over our heads and just give up.  We get up, power up however we need to (this would normally be coffee for me, but alas, I gave it up), and keep going.  There is no down time for the mommas.  There is something sacred about that.  Moms just keep going.  We know if we don't, it will take ten days to catch up.  

We are mommas, hear us roar.  Okay, tonight about 7:00pm, I will be in bed, the kids can take a shower and brush their teeth by themselves.  I will sacrifice American Idol for a little extra sleep.

What is depriving you of sleep today?  Give it over to God, then refuse to take it back.  If God is in charge, He does not need our help.  Trust me on that one.  By the time I had given it over to God last night, my alarm went off.    Save yourself some sleep and let God take over.

God bless you and yours.

4 comments:

Dawn Cartwright said...

And there is just the life is overwhelming tired.....Praying for you today. Janet too. Love you!

Baby Z's Mom said...

Or the "if it's not one thing, it's another" tired. Prayers, hugs & lots of love to you and the family today.

Anonymous said...

Praying for both of you today! Drive carefully too - love you

hiyahun said...

I have the Mommy and Wife tired this week... Mike is in the hospital, so i get up get the kids to school and then go to the hospital... I spend time with him, doctors, nurses tests and techs... Then the long drive home on 17 and to the school to pick up the kids, do homework cook meals gets baths and and and... seems like a normal day has the non-stop feeling of exhaustion, then we get thrown the curve ball and we addapt. Its nice to see there are others who have this diagnosis too... here I was feeling so tired and feeling tired of feeling tired. I will keep all of you in our prayers and all the posts.. we know how exhausting being a mom can be.