Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hope and Faith

For whatever reason, the theme of faith keeps rotating around in my mind.  I am sure God is putting in on my heart to write about it, so here goes.  I have many friends who frequently ask, "How do you do it?"  They are referring to my life and kids and life and stuff.  I always say, "Faith."  So that brings up the question, what is faith?  

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  Hebrews 11:1

Being sure and certain.  Hmmmmmm.  

Hebrews 11 goes on to start 22 sentences with , "By faith"..... and the last paragraph starts with, "And what more shall I say?"  

What more shall I say?  Faith in my life has gotten me through tough, tough times.  My faith has been stretched, tested, walked away from, and forgotten.  Well, never forgotten, just pushed aside by my pride.  Faith is the cornerstone in my life.  It keeps me grounded and encourages me to fly.  If you look around yourself, most of what you see is a miracle, we just don't take the time to realize it.  Simple and complex things are miracles.  The seasons, miraculous.  The human body, miraculous (the God made one, not the man made ones).  Our children, miracles that test our faith.  We are constantly reminded in our every day lives of God's grace and goodness in our lives.

This Christmas season we have much to be thankful for and feel very blessed.  This is not about money or prestige, it is how my family's faith lives have grown in the past year.  My fourteen year old went on a mission trip and came back a changed person.  My sister-in-law who was raised by a very loving mother, a wonderful mother, but a mother who does not believe in God, my sister-in-law accepted Jesus Christ as her personal savior and is going to church and reading a bible every day.  My husband goes to church with us and prays every day.  This is growth.  This is faith.  This is hope.

What do you long for in your heart?  Usually what is burning in your heart is what God wants for your life, we often let fear quench that fire.  Let your faith take it back.  Seek God's face today, He just wants you to show up and trust Him.  Be sure and certain.

Have faith and have hope, miracles happen every day.  God bless you and yours.


No comments: