Monday, December 8, 2008

The Brown Worked!!!!!

So you may remember the crying in Target and my remorse that Tatum had picked brown for her Christmas outfit.  Well, yesterday in the Christmas Pageant at Church, she looked amazing.  I know she is my kid and all, but she looked beyond cute.  Even in brown.  She asked me to put her hair in those sponge rollers the night before and with the hot pink headband, she was a curly cue cutie.  I am glad I let her pick her outfit, she was so confident and gave the performance of a lifetime.  She was not nervous, she never stuttered, she never wavered, she did not forget one line, amazing.

I am constantly amazed by my children.  I don't doubt them and I constantly encourage them to fly, but that does not mean you can't be amazed.  My children go out every day and try new things, some things that I could never do, and they excel at them.  Amazing.  Tyler on his mission trip, Grant's absolute fearlessness, Tatum's performing, and Cooper just getting through his day somedays.  They amaze me and I am proud.  Even their "mistakes" can be amazing and a learning experience.  

As my children grow older and with a lot of prayer, they are becoming wonderful little people.  It seems like just yesterday I was holding them in my arms for the first time and now they are the lead in the Christmas pageant.  Time flies.

Take some time today to look at your kids are appreciate exactly where they are at in their life.  Before you know it, they will be in college and married and you will be grandparents.  Take some time to enjoy the now.

God bless you and yours.

No comments: