Monday, December 28, 2009

When to take down Christmas

So the eternal question is......when do we take down Christmas. I know some people leave the lights on their house all year long, but I am not speaking about them. When do you take down the Christmas stuff?

I admit it, I love Christmas. Love it. Love everything about it. Wanted more snow this year, and that didn't happen, but still, love it. I have collected nativity scenes for years and I love putting them out. Since we have been living in limbo for a couple of years, they have stayed packed, but I am looking forward to getting them all out next year. I have bins upon bins of Christmas decorations. I did restrain myself this year because we are moving shortly, so there is not that much stuff out.

I do remember one year when the thought of putting it all away became overwhelming to me. I think we do that to ourselves sometimes, psych ourselves out of something. I finally put everything away when my in-laws were coming to visit, in February. Yikes. Sometimes the thought of the job is worse than the job itself.

My usual routine, because I have a fake tree, is put it up right after Thanksgiving and take it down on New Year's Day. That seems about right and gets me just about six whole weeks of Christmas cheer. I usually forget one thing and that stays up all year. But I had a dear friend once tell me that you are supposed to do that, so there.

When do you take down Christmas? How does it make you feel? Share the love.

God bless you and yours.

No comments: