Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So, when it rains, it pours

Yesterday morning, in a spurt of energy, I planned my day. Wake up at 5:30, read bible, make coffee, finish laundry, run to new house to strip wallpaper, get some stuff for closing on new house, go to work. Well........In getting the laundry basket, which was quite full, off of our little "shelf" on the sink by the washer, the board covering the sink slid off and landed right on my right foot. The pain was instant and would not go away. After about 45 minutes of trying to convince myself that I was fine, that shooting pain when I moved my foot was normal, I gave up. I woke up my mother-in-law, and explained the situation.

I have to tell you, I hate the ER and will avoid it at all costs. I would rather just go to urgent care. If that makes me stupid, so be it. Urgent care does not open until 10:00 a.m.. How is that "urgent"? Six in the morning is urgent, ten in the morning is just humming along. So after ice and swelling, I am off to urgent care. With the nine thousand other people who got sick or hurt this weekend.

In between all this, I have to call my boss at Starbucks and tell her I think I broke my foot. We have been super, super busy this holiday season, so this went over like a lead balloon. She was great and got my next three shifts covered, but I feel as if I am letting my team down. I hate that.

As I sit in not so "urgent" care, I get called back, and X-rayed and there is no break. Then why all the pain I ask? Well, you have bruised the soft tissue and that usually hurts worse than a break. Great. More pain and a longer "recovery". Fabulous. All this and we are supposed to close on the new house this week and move and get stuff done and all that jazz.

I have several friends who are going through the "pouring" stage. It's not just raining, it's not just pouring, it's flooding in epic proportions. I am constantly amazed how much junk life can throw at a mom/wife and how we continue to bounce back and keep going. We, as moms and warriors of God, ROCK. I will admit to a lot of praying and reading of the bible, but that is my "go to" strategy. Pray and give it to God and sit back and be amazed at His wondrous grace. We beat the Energizer bunny, hands down.

I will limp along on my day today, did not sleep well, might go back to bed. Is it raining in your life??? Some sprinkles or a downpour? Share the love.

God bless you and yours.

No comments: