Monday, October 12, 2009

So......not writing as much

Many may have noticed that I am not writing as much as I used to. Bad habit to fall into, but I will try to improve. We just have so much going on with trying to find a house. Making over ten offers on ten houses only to be beat out of them all by a higher offer or a cash offer. Who has 160 grand just sitting around in today's economy? So all I do is look at foreclosed houses and then race around to do an offer and then fax the offer and then etc. etc. etc..

I admit to being quite weary in all of this and very depressed. It seems like I am doing all God is requiring of me to get all this stuff done. I look at just about every house out there, even the scary ones. I was feeling quite scared and then yesterday in church I was reminded of God's capabilities. God's, not mine.

"How can you say the Lord does not see your troubles...How can you say God ignores your rights? Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Isaiah 40: 27-29

That is some powerful stuff. God does not get tired of me. God gives me strength. Sometimes, our greatest faith is born out of our greatest struggles. So what are you struggling with today? Get out your bible and solve those problems. God is good and he is our heavenly father who loves us dearly. He has the power to stop and bend down and pick you up today. To uphold you. To care for you. To provide for you in a way that no one else can. Go to Him and be comforted.

God bless you and yours.

1 comment:

Dawn Cartwright said...

I copied this for a friend- very timely. As far as blogging- to everything there is a season and you are in house hunting season!