Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I am back from Vicodan Land

Okay, so my minor procedure on friday knocked me out more than I thought it would. I had more pain than I thought. Definitely more than the cramping they say is going to happen. I got some great stuff through my IV in the recovery room. Could feel it go up my neck. Whoooooo. Then I was on vicodan the rest of the day. Don't remember much. I know I watched "He's not that into you" and thought it was mediocre at best. I also watched Monsters vs. Aliens, which I think I loved, but it's a little fuzzy in parts.

By friday midnight, it was obvious that the vicodan and my acid reflux did not agree with one another. So I switched to four tylenols. Yes, I know you are not supposed to take four tylenols at once, but it was still painful. By the time I got Tylenol 3 with codeine called in on Saturday, I did not need it. I was just tired and needed to rest. Sunday I did too much with church, fall fun day, and small groups, so monday I was tired. Today is my first day back at work, so we will see how it goes.

I think the anesthesia kicked my butt more than the procedure itself. I know I feel quite well after the Novasure and hopefully it will put an end to my very bad, very painful periods. We shall see next month.

Have you ever been to vicodan land? Did you come back okay? Share the hazy memories.

God bless you and yours.

1 comment:

Baby Z's Mom said...

I have been there too. I think it was the anesthesia that made it difficult for recovery also. I was able to sleep off most of it, then actually left the Vicodan alone and used the mega 800 mg Motrin from the doc instead. Glad you are back & up & running.