Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

As I sit here in my barbeque hangover, way too much steak, I wonder what every one else did this weekend. Mine was packed. My favorite was when our house was invaded Sunday night by the high school small groups.

All year long, I have been the leader for the high school girls small group. That is what our church calls our bible studies. I have been humbled by their faith. We did a purity study and it was amazing. The boys did a study too. They have been incredibly moved. We do have a rule that what is said in small groups, stays in small groups, so I don't know everything they talked about, but I do know they watch Fineus and Ferb. A great show by the way.

They all came over and swam in the lake, made smores and hung out. Love it. Even with the mosquitos, we had a blast. The boys spent the night and Taco Bell was involved in the middle of the night, but they had fun. I have done a million towels in the washer and dryer and all the swim suits.

All of this was worth it to watch these kids grow in their faith in God. Awesome weekend.

What did you burn on the grill this weekend? Share the love.

God bless you and yours.

No comments: